Last Updated: Feb 21, 2022
Scope of this Privacy & Security Policy
Information We Collect
We collect and receive the following types of information:
Information You Provide to Us:
- Account Information: Each user creates an account for the Services or to enable certain features. We require that you provide us with information for your account such as work email and password. If you sign up for a paid subscription, we (or our payment processors) may need your billing details such as credit card information, banking information, and billing address.
- Other Information You Provide: We receive other information from you when you choose to interact with us in other ways, such as if you sign up for our waitlist, participate in user feedback, testimonials, case studies, or apply to a job.
Information We Collect Automatically:
- Usage Data: We automatically collect usage data about how you interact with our Services when you use them. For example, this could be actions you take on our platform, such as number of recipe starts and ends.
- Log Data: Our servers automatically log certain types of data when you visit or use our Services, for example, when you navigate through our website. This data is stored in our log files which are permanently deleted after 30 days. This information includes browser version, time, date, and crash reports when using our Services.
Information We Do Not Collect:
- 3rd Party Website Data: Our Automation Platform executes a predefined series of steps directly on a user’s local machine, within their Chrome browser. 3rd party websites are not re-rendered in the cloud or on any other device other than the user’s local machine.
- 3rd Party Cookies and Similar Technologies: As our automation runs locally, we do not access or send any 3rd party cookies, tokens, or similar technologies off the user’s machine.
The decision to build our automation platform to run completely locally was very intentional. We want our users to be able to automate any tedious task on the web, so instead of trying run a secure browser in the cloud we built everything to run right on your computer. The best security starts with us not having access. Even though we don’t have access to any material data other than the information you use to create an account, we still take security extremely seriously for may other reasons.
We use industry-standard security practices to keep information secure, such as encryption, access controls, and internal reviews of data collection, use, and storage. We uses Google Cloud Platform (GCP) for secure and resilient hosting of staging and production environments. We leverage multiple availability zones to redundantly support our Services. GCP data centers are monitored by 24×7 security, biometric scanning, video surveillance and are continuously certified across a variety of global security and compliance frameworks.
Updates to this Policy
We may update this Privacy & Security Policy by posting the updates to our website. If an update materially impacts your rights or how we use your personal information, we will notify you either by email or other direct communication at least 30 days before the updates take effect. Any other revisions will become effective on the date the updates are posted by Omni.